The New Wave of Digital Media: AI Revolutionizes Video, Images, and Entertainment



The worlds of technology and media are currently experiencing a rapid evolution as artificial intelligence integrates deeper into our everyday tools, fundamentally transforming how we create and consume content. This round-up dives straight into the heart of these advancements. The hottest announcements from Google I/O 2026, including the groundbreaking Gemini Omni world model and the Canva-challenging Google Pics, demonstrate that creative workflows are shifting decisively into an AI-assisted era—a movement further fueled by cutting-edge updates like OpenAI's ChatGPT Images 2.0 and the personalized image generation of Gemini Nano Banana.

Simultaneously, everyday technology and entertainment services are undergoing their own transformations. YouTube and Tubi are leveraging AI to craft highly tailored, prompt-driven viewing experiences, while traditional streaming and the broader entertainment industry—ranging from the latest 2026 Oscar sweeps to shifting paradigms in the music streaming economy—look toward the future. Beyond the algorithms, practical tech guides offer savvy ways to optimize your current hardware, showcasing how to master Google Photos' new AI enhancement and storage-clearing tools, or even how to repurpose an old Android phone into a free streaming stick alongside the latest budget-friendly hardware alternatives. Explore the links below to dive deeper into these stories.

Keywords: artificial intelligence, Gemini Omni, Google Workspace, image generation, streaming media, Google Photos, tech trends 2026

How I turned my old Android phone into a streaming stick for free - in 6 easy steps
Skip the streaming stick - here's how I used a spare Pixel phone to watch movies on my TV.
Veed gives you AI generative video and intuitive editing tools, all in one place, for less
Creating videos with generative AI content for your brand or channel usually requires a bunch of different apps, services, and sites to get the job done. Worse: It’s often inefficient, time-consuming, and hard to get exactly what you want. VEED.IO recognized this and created an all-in-one browser-based platform that lets you create videos and edit AI-powered...
13 Google Photos settings I always change on every new device - and why
Before I let Google Photos loose on my Android or iPhone camera roll, I check these backup, privacy, and AI settings first.
YouTube now lets you ask AI to build a video feed for you
YouTube will now let you use AI to build custom feeds of videos, in a move similar to competitors like Reddit, Bluesky, and TweetDeck X.Announced on Wednesday, Google described the personalised feed as "a new way to shape your discovery experience," in its blog post. Essentially, YouTube users can now prompt and generate their own unique array of videos...
I was intrigued by Google's new video-cloning Omni AI - then I considered the implications
Google's Gemini Omni combines realism, avatars, style control, and natural-language editing in one AI video tool.
Gemini Omni is Googles new world model, with advanced AI video generation capabilities
Google just unveiled a brand new AI world model at Google I/O 2026 called Gemini Omni.While Google calls Gemini Omni a "new model that can create anything from any output," its showcase focused on the AI model's video-generation capabilities.The first release within the Omni AI model family is called Gemini Omni Flash. ...
Google Pics is a new Workspace tool that sounds like a big Canva competitor
Google wants to be your one and only workspace. Gmail and Drive can replace Outlook, Word, and Excel. Chat could replace Slack. But can the new Google Pics mean trouble for Canva? At Google I/O, AI was front and center, and the basis for new features coming to Google Workspace. One of the new programs coming to Workspace is Google Pics, a platform for...
Adobe Express vs Canva: Which design tool is better?
I tested Adobe Express and Canva to compare value and workflow fit so you can choose the right design tool for your needs.
I compared how Gemini, ChatGPT, and Claude can analyze videos - this model wins
Can AI really watch video, or does it just fake it? I tested my favorite AI tools on YouTube clips and local files to find the best.
I tested ChatGPT Images 2.0 vs. Gemini Nano Banana to see which is better - this model wins
I put ChatGPT Images 2.0 and Gemini Nano Banana through nine image-generation tests. The winner was clear.
The Secret to Studio-Quality AI Music (MusicCreator.AI)
In this video I focus on how to get pro quality AI music using MusicCreator.AI. Get it at: https://www.musiccreator.ai/?ref=C6GY21 👍 Thanks for watching! Please like, comment, & subscribe. ============================= Table of Contents: ============================= 00:00 Intro 00:32 Overview 01:10 The Song to Create 01:48 Starting with...
I got an early look at ChatGPT Images 2.0, and it's impressive - with one exception
OpenAI's new ChatGPT Images 2.0 promises precision and design control. Here's how to try it for yourself.
Nano Banana can now make personalized AI Images based on your Photos library
Google announced today that the Gemini Personal Intelligence feature is now available in Nano Banana 2, the company's popular AI image model.Now, instead of uploading a photo, users can give Nano Banana access to their Google Photos library, which will allow Nano Banana to generate personalized images for users.Don’t miss out on our latest stories: Add...
I use ChatGPT's new Tubi app to find free movies and TV shows to watch - here's how
The free Tubi TV video streamer now integrates with ChatGPT so you can ask the AI to search the site's lineup of more than 300,000 movies and TV episodes.
I'm no longer using Google Photos as just a cloud storage - 5 tools that elevate the app
Google Photos is much more than just a means to store the pictures and videos you take, and you'll be surprised at what it can do for you.
The $30 Google TV stick may be the budget Chromecast successor we've been waiting for
Walmart's next streaming device might be exactly what Chromecast fans have been longing for. Here's what's expected.
I just found a hidden Google Photos tool that clears storage in seconds - how it works
Google Photos now lets you swipe left and right to keep or delete photos and clear up space, though it's Android-only.
I tried Google Photos' new AI Enhance tool: How it crops, relights, and fixes your shots - sometimes
Now rolling out to Android users globally, AI Enhance uses generative AI to improve your photos instantly. Here's how to use it, and where it falls short.
Oscars 2026 winners: See the full list
It was one Oscar after another for Paul Thomas Anderson at the 98th Academy Awards.The director's three-hour-long epic One Battle After Another picked up the Oscar for Best Picture, along Best Director, Best Supporting Actor (Sean Penn), Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Editing, and Best Casting. With six Oscars to its name, it was the most awarded film...
The Death of Spotify: Part II
Joel Gouveia, The Artist Economy, Mar 13, 2026 Laura Hilliger links to this article about the future of music streaming. The article is full of hits and misses, but there's a sound point in there. It's this: for most people, most music is commoditized, like tap water. It's cheap, accessible, and easy. Nobody...

Kommentit